Is there a right to appeal?
If you do not win at a contested hearing, you have the right to appeal to the Superior Court of King County or Snohomish County. The notice of appeal must be filed within 30 days of the judgment from the Bothell Municipal Court. The Clerk will provide you with forms and information about this process. There are various appeal costs which are payable at this Court upon filing the notice of appeal, including a $240 Superior Court filing fee and a $40 processing fee. If you appeal, the Superior Court will review the record that was made at the Bothell Municipal Court, but there will not be a new trial.

Remember, our clerical staff is not allowed to give legal advice. If you have questions about your appeal, you should consult legal counsel.

Show All Answers

1. What is an infraction?
2. What must I do if I receive an infraction?
3. What is a mitigation hearing?
4. Who qualifies for a deferred finding?
5. What is a contested hearing?
6. What should I wear and how should I act in court?
7. May I have a lawyer at my contested hearing?
8. What happens if I can't appear on the court date?
9. Will a traffic infraction appear on my driving record?
10. What if I do not respond to my ticket (fail to pay or appear for a hearing)?
11. What about a 'No Liability Insurance' ticket?
12. Is there a right to appeal?
13. What if I can't pay my penalty all at once?