What happens if I can't appear on the court date?
The Court gives ample notice for you to make arrangements to appear for your hearing. If you are unable to appear for the date of the hearing the Court allows only one continuance. To obtain a continuance, you must file a Motion to Continue Traffic Infraction Hearing at least 5 days before the scheduled hearing. If the hearing is a contested hearing you must also file the motion with the city prosecutor. Failure to follow this procedure will result in the waiver of your right to a hearing, a committed finding entered and a failure to appear penalty assessed.

Show All Answers

1. What is an infraction?
2. What must I do if I receive an infraction?
3. What is a mitigation hearing?
4. Who qualifies for a deferred finding?
5. What is a contested hearing?
6. What should I wear and how should I act in court?
7. May I have a lawyer at my contested hearing?
8. What happens if I can't appear on the court date?
9. Will a traffic infraction appear on my driving record?
10. What if I do not respond to my ticket (fail to pay or appear for a hearing)?
11. What about a 'No Liability Insurance' ticket?
12. Is there a right to appeal?
13. What if I can't pay my penalty all at once?