How do I find help for a domestic violence situation?

If you're in immediate danger, call 911, NOW! Domestic violence is a pattern of controlling, abusive behavior - emotional, sexual, or physical. It is a pattern that can be prevented and it can be stopped. It is something that can happen to anyone. Call police for help.

 Officers can: 

  • protect you from immediate danger and help you and your children
  • arrest the abuser without a warrant when there is probable cause to believe that an assault has taken place or is taking place or that the abuser has violated a protection order.

Officers will also:

  • advise you of Domestic Violence Services, including shelter programs. 
  • write out a police report, which is a detailed account of what happened to you.

 A police report can be used to help prove the abuse occurred which may be helpful in a variety of court hearings including a Protection Order hearing.

If you would like to learn more about Domestic Violence and some of the resources available to assist victims of abuse, visit the resources located on the

City Prosecutor's Office page.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for a concealed pistol permit?
2. How do I get fingerprints taken?
3. How do I find out about Lost and Found?
4. How do I claim found property?
5. How do I file a compliment or a complaint?
6. How do I file a public records request?
7. Is the Bothell Police Community Room available for public use?
8. How do I contact an officer?
9. How can I invite Bothell Police to a meeting with my neighborhood or organization?
10. Where can I learn more about Bothell Police policies and officer training?
11. Can I read Bothell Police policies about use-of force and other issues?
12. How do I get a copy of an accident report?
13. How do I get a pet license?
14. How do I obtain a clearance letter?
15. How do I find help for a domestic violence situation?
16. Where can I find information about identity theft?
17. How do I get a copy of my criminal conviction history?
18. How do I find out about registered sex offenders in the City of Bothell?
19. I need to get police-related information; who do I contact?
20. How do I get the Washington State accident report form to fill out?
21. How do I report a crime or get police services?
22. How do I stop cars from speeding through my neighborhood?