Civil Protection Orders

Domestic violence victims may file a court petition for a Civil Protection Order. A protection order does not involve the police or criminal charges. If granted, a Civil Protection Order can:
  • Prohibit contact of any kind
  • Remove the abuser from a shared residence
  • Grant temporary custody of children and set visitation schedules
  • Order the abuser into treatment/counseling
  • The order can be tailored to meet individual needs.
The City of Bothell Municipal Court does not accept petitions for Civil Protection Orders. Petitions can be filed at King County Superior Court or Snohomish County Superior Court.