- Your Government
- Parks & Recreation
- Bothell's Pop-up Dog Park
Bothell's Pop-up Dog Park
About the Pop-Up Dog Park Series
The City of Bothell hosts a pop-up off-leash dog park throughout the summer to early fall in response to a growing demand for a safe, accessible, and clean space for pets and their owners to enjoy the outdoors together. The pop-up dog park is located on the north side of the Park at Bothell Landing. Parking is available in the gravel lot nearby.
The fenced Pop-up Dog Park is located at Park at Bothell Landing. There are two separate spaces: one for large dogs (over 25 lbs.) and one for small dogs (under 25 lbs.).
- Address: 9919 NE 180th St, Bothell, WA 98011
- Opening Date: Friday, May 26, 2023 (weather dependent)
- Closing Date: Mid September 2023 (weather dependent)
- Hours - Dawn to Dusk
Free public parking is available at the Park at Bothell Landing gravel lot.
We also promote our events, programs, and parks through our Bothell Parks social channels. Follow us to keep up to date on frequent updates and announcements.
- Use the Dog Park at your own risk.
- Aggressive behavior is not allowed.
- This is an off-leash dog park, however, all dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the dog park.
- Owners must remain in the park with their dogs at all times. Leaving dogs unattended is prohibited.
- Off-leash does not mean out of control – owners must maintain voice control at all times.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult and supervised at all times.
- Dog toys such as balls and frisbees are acceptable. Bringing toys into Dog Park is done at owners’ risk. Please bring the toys home with you and do not leave them in the park.
- In the event of an emergency, please call 911. To report unattended dogs, call Bothell Police Animal Control at 425-486-1254.
- The following are prohibited: human and dog food, glass containers, dogs in heat, sick dogs, puppies under 4 months of age, choke/spike/prong/pinch collars.
- All dogs must be licensed, current with all shots, healthy and wearing a collar and identification at all times. Proof of current vaccinations is required upon request of a police or animal control officer.
- Owners must clean up dog waste immediately. Failure to do so may result in a $250 fine. Trash cans are located throughout the park to dispose of your dog’s waste. You are also responsible for having an appropriately-sized bag with you to collect your dog’s waste (BMC 6.16.011).
PLEASE NOTE: Bothell Municipal Code, 8.60.240 Pets in Park Facilities: Dogs, pets or domestic animals are not permitted on any designated swimming beach, sports fields, picnic or play areas in any Bothell park or in any building unless specifically permitted by posting; provided, that this section shall not apply to the use of a trained animal by a disabled person.
In 2023/2024, as part of the recently approved 2023-2029 Capital Facilities Plan, the Parks Department is planning to conduct a siting and feasibility study to determine where a permanent dog park can be located in Bothell. As more information becomes available about future pop-ups and/or a permanent dog park, we will post information on social media and our webpage.
The current Bothell Pop-up Dog Park approximate schedule is to open before Memorial Day Weekend and close mid to late September. We have to close this amenity to restore the lawn and maintain the open space during the rainy/wet season.