Domestic Violence Victim Information

For Victims of Domestic Violence

The Bothell City Attorney's Office Domestic Violence Unit provides assistance and information to victims of domestic violence.

Phone: 425-806-6220

Civil Protection Orders

Domestic violence victims may file a court petition for a civil protection order which does not involve the police or criminal charges.

A civil protection order:

  • Prohibits contact of any kind.
  • Removes the abuser from a shared residence.
  • Grants temporary custody of children and sets visitation schedules.
  • Orders the abuser into treatment and/or counseling.

The Bothell Municipal Court does not accept petitions for civil protection orders. Petitions can be filed at King County Superior Court, or other Superior or District courts in Washington.

Protection Order Advocacy Program

Advocates will explain the process, help complete forms, and accompany the applicant through the court process.

Phone: 206-477-1103

Victims of crime have a right to know about their offender's custody status. With this service victims can use the telephone or internet to search for information regarding the custody status of their offender and to register to receive telephone and e-mail notification when the offender’s custody status changes. 

Phone: 877-425-8463

Domestic Violence Hotlines

The following hotlines are available 24-hours a day and are free of charge:
CARE Crisis Line: 800-584-3578 or 425-258-4357
Eastside Domestic Violence Program: 800-827-8840
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-SAFE (7233)
Providence Sexual Assault Center: 425-252-4800
Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County: 425-25-ABUSE (22873)
Washington State Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-562-6025

Support Services in King and Snohomish County

Abused Deaf Women's Advocacy Services: 206-726-0093

API CHAYA: Assistance for South Asian, Asian, Pacific Islander, and immigrant communities: 206-467-9976 or 1-877-922-4292 Toll free

"Children Hurt Too" booklet in English and Spanish

CLEAR: 888-387-7111 (King County)

Cocoon House: Emergency Teen Services: 425-259-6042

Compass Mental Health: 425-349-6200

Consejo Counseling and Referral Service: Spanish Speaking Services: 206-706-7776

Crime Victims Compensation (CVC): 1-800-762-3716

Domestic Abuse Women’s Network: 425-656-4305 or 1-877-465-7234 toll free

Eastside Legal Assistance Program: 425-747-7274

Faith Trust Institute: A faith-based information resource (all faiths): 206-234-1903 

Harborview Medical Center Traumatic Stress Counseling: 206-744-1600

HopeLine: connects survivors of domestic violence to vital resources, funds organizations worldwide and protects the environment by dialing #Hope on your mobile phone

Ina Maka Family Program: 206-325-0070

King County Family Law Facilitator: 206-296-9092

King County Protection Order Advocacy Program: 206-477-1103

Navy Family Service Center: Fleet and family support program: 360-396-1630 

New Beginnings: 206-522-9472

NEXUS Youth and Families (formerly Auburn Youth and Families): 253-939-2202

Northwest Immigrant Rights Project: 206-587-4009 or 1-800-445-5771 toll free

Northwest Network of Bi, Trans, Lesbian, and Gay Survivors of Abuse: 206-568-7777 or TTY 206-517-9670

Pathways for Women: YWCA 425-774-9843 x226

Refugee and Immigrant Services Northwest: 425- 388-9307

Refugee Women’s Alliance: 206-721-0243

Snohomish County Domestic Violence Protection Order Unit: 425-388-3638

Victim Support Services (Families & Friends of Violent Crime Victims): 1-800-346-7555

Youth Eastside Services: 425-747-4937