Both stations will exceed industry standards, follow best practices of "Healthy-In, Healthy-Out," to maximize firefighter safety, and will offer ample room for growth.
More specifically, they will feature:
- Individual sleeping rooms to support gender diversity in the modern fire service
- Decontamination areas for bunker gear and equipment
- Adequate storage space for the proper care and storage of emergency vehicles and equipment
- Dedicated fitness rooms to support firefighter health and readiness
- Buildings designed to the latest seismic and code requirements for essential facilities
- Large training classroom at Station 42 that is also fully equipped as a modern Emergency Command Center
Station 45 will also a house a satellite police station so that Bothell Police Department can better serve north end residents.