Tom Agnew has spent most of his life in public service, having served as a Medic in the Army and a firefighter/paramedic until his retirement in 2005. He then helped in a study to improve cardiac arrest survivability.
Agnew and his wife have been Bothell residents for 36 years. He has been on the Bothell City Council since 2010.
Councilmember Agnew serves on the following Boards/Committees:
- Capital Facilities Plan Committee
- Human Services Committee (alternate)
- Public Safety Committee
- Northshore Parks and Recreation Services Area Board (PRSA)
- WRIA 8 Forum (alternate)
- Law Enforcement Officers and Firefighters (LEOFF) 1 Board
- Joint City/Fire District Advisory Board