Canyon Park Visioning
Drafts for 12/2/2020 Planning Commission Public Hearing and 12/15/2020 City Council Public Hearing
Draft Subarea Plan Update Survey
- Summary of August 6, open house
- Survey results
- View the August 6, 2020 open house Power Point presentation
- The open house video presentation is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb_Z2tGnXa0put
Subarea Plan and Preferred Alternative information
- The Planning Commission will take public testimony on the draft subarea plan, development regulations and planned action ordinance to the City Council on December 2, 2020, before making a recommendation to the City Council.
- The City Council will take public testimony on the draft subarea plan, draft development regulations and draft planned action ordinance at a public hearing on December 15, 2020. Council may approve the three proposed actions on December 15.
- You are invited to provide your input on the draft plan and draft regulations at one or both Public Hearings. Due to the COVID pandemic, meetings are being held virtually until further notice.
The Vision Report was possible because a diverse group of stakeholders, including property owners, business owners, employees, residents and members of the general public came together and provided input that helped craft the vision for the area. Thank you to everyone who participated.
Why Canyon Park?
With its high-tech and bio-tech companies, Canyon Park employs thousands of people. The Puget Sound Regional Council has identified Canyon Park an appropriate location for population and employment growth due to a number of factors including:
- access to regional transportation systems
- significant existing employment and
- the potential for additional employee and population growth